The main purpose of IAU is to assure quality education, learning and development of knowledge. IAU attempts to provide a learning environment in which students are able to remember, understand, apply, analyse, evaluate, and create knowledge (Derived from Bloom’s Taxonomy, which was created in 1956 under the leadership of educational psychologist Dr Benjamin Bloom). Faculty members, staffs and students are encouraged to discover, critically examine, and and transact the knowledge, wisdom and values that will help ensure the survival of quality education and future generations and improve the quality of life for all.
IAU seeks to help students to develop an understanding and appreciation for the complex cultural and worlds in which they live and to realise their highest potential of intellectual, physical and human development.
IAU also seeks to attract and serve students from diverse social, economic and ethnic backgrounds and to be sensitive and responsive to those groups which have been underserved by higher education. To fulfill its mission, IAU must:
- Comply with the guidelines, policies, and procedures of the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). As it is written on the KHDA website (https://www.khda.gov.ae/en/website)
“The Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) is responsible for the growth and quality of private education in Dubai. We support schools, universities, parents, students, educators, investors and government partners to create a high quality education sector focused on happiness and wellbeing”.
- Offer broad and balanced academic programs that are mutually reinforcing and emphasise high quality and creative instruction at the undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate levels.
- Generate new knowledge through a broad array of scholarly, research and creative endeavors, which provide a foundation for dealing with the immediate and long-range needs of society.
- Achieve leadership in each discipline; strengthen interdisciplinary studies, and pioneer new fields of learning.
- Serve society through coordinated statewide outreach programs that meet continuing educational needs in accordance with the IAU’s designated land-grant status.
- Participate extensively in statewide, national and international programs and encourage others to seek benefit from the IAU’s educational resources, such as faculty and staff expertise, libraries, archives, and research facilities.
- Maintain a level of excellence and standards in all programs that will give them statewide, national and international significance.